Zachary W. Curtis, PE
Texas Licensed Professional Engineer Number 127494
Mr. Curtis is a water resources engineer specializing in water/wastewater treatment design, hydraulic analysis, and state and national permitting. Mr. Curtis is very familiar with water quality data processing, crop irrigation management, and storage capacity analysis. He received a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Montana State University, Bozeman in 2013.
Mr. Curtis began his engineering career in Austin at James Miertschin & Associates, Inc. in 2013. As the only full-time employee of Dr. Miertschin, Mr. Curtis was deeply involved in the scientific analysis and decision making of the projects listed below:
- Permitting activities of TPDES and TLAP applications throughout Central Texas:
- City of Dripping Springs, Onion Creek TPDES & 210
- City of Horseshoe Bay, TLAP and 210
- Leander MUD 3, TPDES
- Travis County MUD 12, Cedar Tree Irrigation TLAP
- Valero Three Rivers Refinery, TLAP
- Hurst Creek MUD, TLAP and 210
- Kingsland MUD, TPDES
- TPWD Garner State Park, TLAP
- The Villas on Lake Travis, TLAP
- 4S Ranch, 210
- Design and construction coordination of 2 mgd Pall hollow fiber membrane filtration treatment system for City of Horseshoe Bay.
- Design of 100,000 gpd backwash recycle using clarification, filtration and granular activated carbon treatment for Hurst Creek MUD.
- Evaluation of alternatives and preliminary design of wastewater treatment plant at Garner State Park for Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- Replacement of chlorine gas disinfection systems utilizing sodium hypochlorite (bleach), including CT Studies and Corrosivity Studies.
- Modeled and designed wastewater collection systems, including pressure sanitary sewer-grinder pump systems.
- Watershed protection plans for UGRA, and SARA including BMP assessments and water quality modeling and monitoring.
- Developed proficiency in the following modeling software: Water CAD, SewerCAD, BASINS, Qual-TX, ArcGIS
Past employment also includes working for the City of Bozeman Engineering and GIS department to develop a stormwater outfall inventory as a new requirement of the City’s MPDES permit. And working for Strider Construction on heavy civil construction projects in Bellingham, WA.